Children in cars
While traveling we need to be sure that our children are both secure and comfortable. Here in Iceland laws about car safety are strict and may be different from your country so be sure to view the following:
- Children smaller than 150 cm (4’9″) are not allowed to sit in the front seat in front of an activated airbag.
- Children smaller than 135 cm (4’4″) must be in a car safety seat appropriate for their age and size.
- Follow the instructions carefully when fastening the car safety seat.
- Fasten all items in the car so they will not “fly” around the car if you need to brake suddenly or if an accident occurs.
- More information about appropriate safety equipment and security for children in cars in English can be found here: