Good preparation is the key for a successful travel. Keep the following points in mind and remember that your first destination should always be this homepage.
- During wintertime most of the highlands and highland roads are closed (Get information about the area before setting off)
- Always leave your travel plan with someone who can react if needed
- Check the weather forecast often as the weather in Iceland can change suddenly
- Remember to bring the right equipment for the kind of trip you are planning
- Map, compass and GPS should always be used when travelling outside urban areas